Heart Your Hair This Valentine’s Day
Romantic hair-dos, it’s not something you think about often. But there are many romance inspired hairstyles throughout history, from Juliet from Shakespeare’s “Romeo and Juliet,” to Rapunzel’s long braided locks and every Princess’s flowing mane.
This Valentine’s Day, I dare you to get creative. Braid, twist, incorporate colorful pink and red ribbons, or even flowers.
Here are two braid styles that will even make your date guess how you put the ‘heart in your hair.’
Braided Heart Tail
1. Make sure your hair is brushed and resting behind your shoulders.
2. Create a part down the middle of the top of your head. Be sure to stop the part halfway before reaching the back of the tip of your head.
3. Braid one end and fasten with a hair-tie. Do the same with the other.
4. Twist both braids counter-clockwise and make sure they meet in the back of your head. Tie them together and voila!
1. This is a heart-shaped clip made out of your hair! Brush your hair out and create a drastic part, with more hair on either the left or right side.
2. On the part with more hair, take two semi- thick strands of hair, tie both ends.
3. Take on small braid, twist it and swing it around counter-clockwise, do the same with the other until they meet and make a heart shape.
4. Bobby pin away!
Happy Valentine’s Day!